Shpresa’s Women’s Health and Well-being Project aims to:
• Signpost Albanian-speaking women to mental health support services.
• Provide culturally relevant services and support to vulnerable women
• Provide a holistic package of mental health support through joint work with the Women’s Therapy Centre
• Raise awareness of the needs of Albanian women experiencing mental and emotional distress
• Raise the awareness of the needs of Albanian Women experiencing domestic violence.
• Weekly support groups - one in each of the 5 boroughs where we work. These are Newham, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge, Enfield and Haringey
• Taster sessions on therapy, quarterly in each area
• Therapy sessions in partnership with The Women’s Therapy Centre
• Information sessions
• Advice and advocacy
• Volunteering opportunities
We monitor carefully and evaluate the impact of our work.To find out more please look at
'We are far from home, and do not have much family. When I go to Shpresa I feel I am with my family. I calm down and can cope better with my children’
‘W’, an attender at the Volunteers focus grou
Shpresa Programme is a company Limited by Guarantee
registered in England and Wales Registration No 4692860 and registered as a charity
with the Charity Commission Charity No.1110688.